Thursday, June 10, 2010

Parades, Bells Will Ring and The Upskirts


(Bells Will Ring)


(Parades)

Last night, Melissa and I went to see Parades perform at Transit bar. I was reviewing the gig for FasterLouder (free tickets, woo!), but we also saw the band play at Homebake in 2009, and remembered enjoying their set.

Supporting were The Upskirts, a triple J Unearthed band from Sydney, and Bells Will Ring, also from Sydney. The bar was sadly quite empty for the gig, a fact that generally dissapoints me about gigs in Canberra, but those that did attend were pretty enthusiastic.


I won't do a full review (because then I won't be able to write one for FasterLouder without being incredibly bored by my own words!), but I will say that I enjoyed all three bands, though Bells Will Ring less than the others. Their vocal harmonies seemed a little off, and I felt like they were trying a little too hard to be polished on stage.

Parades, of course, were amazing. So much so that I bought their album! (Goodbye, food money, I shall yearn for you tomorrow!).

No comments:

Post a Comment